View Single Post
Old 03-01-11, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lansdownplace View Post
It is from an animal, I believe it is more expensive than the leather used in the cars.

I think BCL use a heavy grade as the nap is quite pronounced and feels more robust that the lightweight alcantara you get in some sports cars.

I could very well be wrong though

I saw lou's car and good as it looks in pictures it is stunning in real life. The exterior colour is about perfect for that model

Paul
Thanks, Paul.

In an early email, Toby described the headliner as "A new interior cloth headliner."

That paint color originated in Germany...maybe on Mercedes. I knew it first though, as a RR/Bentley color, in fact had an '03 Bentley on which we specified this color. I was in Toby's office in late March, '08, setting the refurb specs when he asked me about paint color...I quickly replied, "BRG," then said, "Wait a sec, let me call Mrs. B." She suggested we reuse the red we'd had on the Bentley, which scored for me. RR/B called it "Sunset". They also offered Sunrise, a much lighter color, and they were complementary. A two-tone in the two of them would have been gorgeous.

Anyway Toby found the color code - 95.60.014. After the car was painted, he liked it so well that he decided to offer it as a Bristol color option, but Bristol's name for it is Kentucky Red.

I'm not sure I was quite clear on the leather usage on the facia...the normal practice in '08, if I understood and recall correctly, was to use vinyl. When I asked if I could have the same color in leather, their seemed to be some question if they could manipulate the leather properly. As it turned, they did it perfectly.