View Single Post
Old 22-11-10, 08:48 AM

Hi Greg, Eric et al,

First post from me –
The head gasket saga of Eric and consequent postings by many has caused me to study the photo of Erics gasket and that of the one on Ebay at present.
I have also had a look in my shed and found a thin metal gasket (photo attached) which would be an original Item from the time our 100B2 engine was rebuilt in 1969/70 (done 1000 miles since then) or from a gasket set of that time. – It was rebuilt by my father, so I have never seen the gasket that went into the car, the thing is that, some surface rust is evident but I don’t think it has been used. All the holes appear to be the same as the other gasket photos, although the cylinder holes are more elliptical in shape than appear in the photos, I presume that the other gaskets are as well but because of computer screen ratios they appear more round in shape. It is I would say about .006 thou or approx. 0.15mm thick, certainly thinner than those others in the photos. I should hunt out my micrometer and get an accurate thickness.
Anyway either way it is an original product from the car or from Bristol Motor Company in 1969, so may be of interest or of use in context of this discussion. Maybe an excellent template !!??

Cheers

Peter F
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BrisHgask1.JPG (51.2 KB, 49 views)