View Single Post
Old 26-03-10, 10:58 PM

Default ebay 403 sans engine

There's a 403 on ebay at the moment, been relisted already, perhaps the price £3750 is a little steep, it was advertised some time ago, if I remember correctly with an engine / box ready to fit at 10K ish, so it appears the engine went separately. Described as bodywork ready for paint, all chassis welding done, needing interior. I'm nearly tempted to make an offer although it is very far away from me. My 403 is complete but has been waiting many years for me to fit the nosecone, using this other car to 'reshell' mine could greatly speed things up, I would then finish up with a car that has been welded, to what extent or standard I don't know, against persisting with my own, which needed negligible welding. I don't suppose anyone here is familiar with this car, maybe knows whether it's had a few small patches skilfully let in, or huge plates tacked on to hide the rot from the MOT man. I hope I'm not being too critical, but I did make extensive arrangements last year to purchase a car glowingly described, only to return empty handed after being introduced to a complete and utter shed.
This ebay car, I suppose, could be a reasonable candidate for a 'different' engine / box, although, purchase £3750, Paint, could be give or take a couple of grand £5000, Interior retrim easily swallow another £5000, getting an alternative engine in would likely account for another £5000.
So, conservatively, getting on for £20K for a nice but very unoriginal car, what does a good 403 fetch these days?