View Single Post
Old 27-02-10, 01:02 PM

My initial impressions of Gordon's work were positive, as I said before I was particularly impressed by the overall presentation. However, looking back at Gordon's initial post he said;

"I am a university student currently in the early stages of a final major project to design a new car for Bristol. "

Yet the draft version of his "project proposal" says the premise of the project was to "reinvent the Bristol Cars brand", which to my mind is more an exercise in marketing rather than "transportation design".

One could of course reinvent the Bristol brand as an exercise, but it might have been wiser to do it with a brand that no longer exists. After all, Gordon himself says "they do not advertise and they are not a well known brand - and it would appear that this is the way they like it".

Ironically, I believe many more people are aware of Bristol cars than they were 10 years ago, mainly due to the Fighter. It has caught the attention of many hoons around the world, in particular the Fighter T with it's 1000+ bhp power output.

While Bristol don't advertise in a traditional sense, articles have appeared quite regularly in several of the most popular car magazines. I'm sure this is not by chance.