View Single Post
Old 09-07-09, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYTA21 View Post
Trsut my car, a 409, to have the odd ball units, ie the Piper motors! However that might mean some input from some RR contacts. These are chain driven- noisy. ( Sounds like a port cullis raising!) Raising the glass is assisted by some coiled spring devices which resemble steel tape measures.
That sounds very different to the 411 set up (as Sam said).

The 411 uses a screw inside a tube with a slot down one side. There's a bracket fixed to the screw which in turn is connected to the bottom of the window. (I'll post some pictures later from a different PC.) I'm sure it's not helped by the fact that the tube which carries screw is vertical but the motor is mounted horizontally, so the screw/tube has to bend through 90 degrees! But maybe they do that to stop water running down the tube into the motor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYTA21 View Post
I have not taken anything apart yet, but the problem seems to be that on one window, the motor raises the galss to it closed position. For a couple of times, it will work up and down, never failing in an intermediate position. Then on closing, it fails to reopen-a click is heard.
Wind the screwdriver in the hole and it will work for a while.
So, am I correct in thinking this looks like limit switch?
That sounds like it is a limit switch issue. You could try Dick Smith or RS Components for something similar. When you do delve into the door can you take some photos and either post them here (or send them to me and I will post them for you - high resolution).

The limit switches on my 411 are fine, the problem is the motors operate very very slowly, but they're not noisy.