Thread: Touring Holiday
View Single Post
Old 18-01-23, 06:08 PM

Roger,

Thanks for your reply, I tried contacting AON Insurance Brokers both via the telephone number quoted and a search on the internet without success.

Yes, I realise that I had typed the incorrect port, it should have been Algeciras. Arriving in Ceuta would have created quite a few problems!

My existing insurance broker does not cover Morocco but I am in the process of agreeing (hopefully) insurance through another broker who is able to provide a second policy whilst I am in Morocco. I don’t like having two separate policies because if a claim had to be made for an incident, say between Spain and Morocco, whilst on the ferry, it could get very difficult.

Looking at the price Geoffrey Herdman paid in 2005, I suppose my quotes are quite reasonable, just very expensive compared to my other classic car multi vehicle insurance policy.

Have you been to Morocco recently or did you go with Geoffrey in 2005?

It’s a trip both my wife and I are looking forward to. I just hope the 410 performs well. We haven’t driven outside the EU for quite a few years, at least since driving to Kas in southern Turkey; if Morocco is half as good it will be fantastic.

Since I posted my initial request for information, things have moved on a little.Our trip into Morocco coincides with the 28th Rally Maroc Classic….this seems too good an opportunity to miss!

Any additional information you have will be most helpful.

Brian