View Single Post
Old 11-11-22, 06:28 PM

Mark,

I might be a little late in posting a reply to your query of November 4th, if you haven’t progressed here are my thoughts

I removed the wiper motor on my 410 last year, which wasn’t too difficult despite the restricted access, due to its location.
To remove the motor (if my memory serves me correctly), I tackled the job in the following order:-
1. Disconnect Battery
2. Remove both wiper arms.
3. Where the flexible wiper drive cable leaves the wiper motor, there is a knurled nut which attaches a rigid shaped tube to the motor. Slacken off this nut but do not remove it. Slackening it at this stage makes life easier later.
4. The electric wires leaving the motor are braided, sheathed type cabling, which are connected to the car’s main wire harness by bullet connectors. Probably the colours on the cotton covered cables will have faded. Tag/mark each wire each side of the bullet connectors independently. Once all wires have been tagged, disconnect them all and don’t forget the earth wire.
5. Next stage is to remove the small bolts holding the motor to the frame of the car. Again, slacken off all the bolts. Once all are free/loose, undo the knurled nut.
6. Finally, holding the motor in one hand remove the bolts holding the motor to the car framework.
7. Once the motor is free, withdraw it from the car, together with the drive cable.

Hopefully, I didn’t miss any stages out.

It’s not a difficult job but access is very restricted.

Once removed and on the bench, it’s a simple job to carry out any repairs.

I personally would not consider trying to remove the wheel housing while the motor is in position on the car.

The wiper motor on my 410, as Geoff noted, is a Lucas 75425A.

Brian