View Single Post
Old 05-06-22, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas591 View Post
Hi Brian,

I have attached the wiring diagram which should be ok for your car.

The solution is not that difficult:

One contact off the momentary toggle switch should be connected to terminal 5 on the washer switch, the other contact to ground.

This should operate the wiper motor when the main wiper switch is in the off position as long as the toggle switch is pressed.

Hope that helps (and will not set your car on fire :-) )

Thomas
Take great care - looking at the circuit diagram you posted - which is specific to the 411s - I note that IF the regenerative braking has been activated by the limit switch (This is only a possibility, NOT a certainty) Terminal 5 will be live. The 410s used a slightly different system which I’m fairly familiar with but which I haven’t yet investigated in this respect. I may be in a position to look at the latter and post some illustrative circuit diagrams shortly, in the unlikely event of course that it continues to rain here in West Wales.

I’m understanding both Thomas and Brian imply that a momentary earth on terminal five achieves a full wipe through the normal wiper arc. I’m struggling to get my head round this, given that the motor is running in reverse which is normally used to achieve the park position which is outside the normal wiper arc, can you please both confirm? (I think you’ll be getting a 2/3rd wipe)

I bet nobody knew that 411s (and others) employed regenerative braking long before the EV boom, albeit only in the wiper motor!