View Single Post
Old 16-03-22, 10:57 PM

Default 603 electric windows

Thanks for all the responses.
Wiring diagram - drawing B680039 shown on the resources website quoted by Kevin is the one I am using. It agrees with the one in the handbook including colour coding.
Switches: I swapped the drivers window switch with the passenger's side window switch. Neither worked their respective windows. I swapped back and restored use of the drivers window. Conclusion-the passenger switch at fault but also a further fault in the circuitry.
Stripped the passenger switch- I rebuilt one several months back and this one seemed different. In this switch one of the floating copper bars is firmly rivetted to the connector at one end. I seem to remember on the previous rebuild these 2 copper strips were both floating? I cleaned contacts and re-assembled re-installed and did not work. Without any particular reason I connected the firmly rivetted end to BR at the 'down' end?
Micro switches- there are no micro switches, there function appears to be replaced by the circuit breakers which would appear to be current overloads that auto. reset? Neither showed an open circuit so I assume are serviceable?
Thumbnail of switch circuits- I will study these more closely and could find I have connected the passenger switch incorrectly.
more research necessary, it looks as if we will be attending the BOCA Rally in Victoria from 27 March without an openable passenger window!