View Single Post
Old 09-12-21, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Morrall View Post
I take it that this means that it is tapped in at the tank, in which case it seems to me somewhat surprising that either the pump or the fuel gauge has ever really functioned. ..................
>
>
On the 410, which came with an electrical pump from new, the feed to the pump was taken from the white input side of the fuse that fed the green switched circuits, so wasn’t protected by any fuse. I’d suggest that an inline fuse might be sensible and, as underneath the carpet isn’t actually all that benign an environment, I’d also recommend use of a cable with two layers of insulation.............
>
>
Roger, thank you. The reply is much appreciated.

My fuel gauge has never worked. I am hoping it might after I get the pump wiring off it. The pump has always been loud. It was actually installed upside down! I am hoping righting it, mounting it on rubber isolators and giving it a good 12v supply will help that.

I am running a new 12v line from a relay I have installed in the battery compartment. It has its own fuse there too. The relay will be turned on by the 12V from the circuits that are live when the ignition switch is 'on'. There is an inertia cutoff switch in the boot by the pump and I will leave that in the new 12v supply circuit. I am in the process of running the new 12v wire under the carpet and have ordered a sleeve for it to add a bit more insulation to it.

David