View Single Post
Old 22-11-21, 02:46 PM

Julian, many thanks for the prompt and comprehensive reply.
Some background - the engine in question is in a Werner Oswald Frazer Nash Le Mans Replica (WOK7) which uses, almost exclusively 405 components. The exception being the engine which, I'm led to understand was a new-old stock 85C (?) block totally rebuilt by Tony Byford to give circa 130 BHp using a Piper 'High Torque' cam (of which I can find no info) The Main jets used seem to be of comparable size to the AC Bristol that I owned (similar output engine) and my Frazer Nash TT rep (328/Bristol head, same carbs) by Steve Stanton circa 120BHP.
Doulble checked the 44 pilot jet, and it is plainly marked 44. This is stamped on one flat of the hex, not on the end as with the other two. I'd attach a photo, but can't work out how to do it!!
Regardless of the carb to carb differences, the thing I want to change is the emulsion tube on the centre carb as this is the one spitting back. I removed the emulsion tubes from the TT Rep (all marked 10) and, regardles of the different number, they look remarkably simillay to the L24. would you consider trying the 10 tubes (all of them) to see if it cures the spitting back a rasonable plan??
The question still remains - ARE EMULSION TUBES AVAILIBLE????