View Single Post
Old 22-11-21, 12:09 PM

Glenn

See my reply to your other thread re the differences between early and late 405

Your current set up seems very idiosyncratic
Without putting the car on a rolling road dyno (or the engine on an engine dyno) I suspect it will be very difficult to make sense of that set up - unless the chap who set it up can tell you what specifically he did and why

different emulsion tubes is very very strange, unlikely to be necessary and will make the car very difficult to tune
the L24 was only used on some BS1 engines, the 13 emulsion tubes are also sports engine emulsion tubes (FNS and different BS1s)
The main jets are HUGE for a Bristol engine, and if you are doing different F/R and C then they are the wrong way round - the richer jet should be on the center pair not each end
Having said all that, you need to know and understand the air correction jet sizes (as that affects the effect of main jets and to some extent the emulsion tube) - what are they?

The mismatched pilot jets is also highly unusual (and i presume you mean 45 rather than 44 - those jets are sized by 5s) and again you need to look at the pilot air correction jets to understand what they are doing

The carb settings interact with the camshaft profile - what cam do you have in the car

Without further information it does look like someone was trying to do a "sports engine" set up (bits of BS1 with huge oversized main jets) but ran out of bits. The other (less likely) possibility is that this is actually an exquisitely well set up engine and the bits are all working together well - in which case the only real option is to take the car to the chap who set it up and have him sort it out

Julian