Thread: 410 Wiring
View Single Post
Old 16-08-21, 05:10 PM

Default 410 Wiring

Hello,

Can anyone help me identify some of the wiring behind the dashboard of my 410.
I have had the entire dashboard out and completed the works as I intended. During the works I found quite few redundant wires, most of which I was able to trace and remove or isolate properly; however, I found a small bunch of wires taped together and I am unable to locate their source or their intended purpose: this bunch comprises of:-
1No. 5.5mm Brown cable
1No. 5.5mm Brown & White cable
1No. 3.5mm Brown/Red trace plus 1No. 3.5mm Brown cable (joined together)
2No. Brown & White cables, one at 3.5mm and one at 4mm (joined together)

All the above cable diameters are measured across the outside of the insulation, I see little point at this time cutting the sheathing back to measure the core diameter.
All of these cables are terminated with electrical eyelet connectors.
None of the cables appear to carry any current whether the ignition is on or off.

I don’t think they are from the select-a-ride system which had been removed prior to my ownership but they may be part of a air conditioning system which was installed at some point and subsequently removed, again prior to my ownership.

While working on the electrics I intend to introduce an electric isolation switch to the fuel fuel pump near the dashboard. The wiring diagram I have doesn’t show the fuel pump or the associated wiring, only the wiring to the petrol reserve valve. The wire at the pump is a white cable; am I correct in thinking that one of the two white wires on ignition switch actually goes direct to the pump or is it part of another circuit?

Any help will be very appreciated.

Regards

Brian