View Single Post
Old 22-07-21, 09:44 PM

Talking New Owner - 1964 Bristol 408 CHASSIS - 408-1040

Hello all !

Hope you are all keeping well and enjoying this amazing weather !

A few of you may remember me I recently bought 1973 411 S3 which is under going restoration.

Well this. evening i bought a very tidy example of the 408 post auction from the Bonhams MPH July Auction on the 17th Jul 2021.

From the catalogue ...

" This new front end design gave the car a much more imposing look which worked well with its powerful 250hp engine. Purchased by the vendor in 1987, this 1964 example offers a new owner the opportunity to purchase a rare Bristol project car. The car has already been partly restored, with the work including a full engine rebuild with +30" thou pistons and maintenance of the body which is overall solid. It's grey paintwork combined with the cream leather interior work very well together, but both will require attention. "

The car has been delivered to my uncle who is restoring my 411 in Stockbridge, as he has more storage than me, and whilst he has it he will be sorting out the things which need doing !

The previous owner has had it for 40 odd years ! and has everything hand written down in the huge folder file which accompanies the car !

I think i've caught the Bristol bug...
Attached Images
File Type: png downloadl.png (906.5 KB, 34 views)
File Type: png download5.png (935.0 KB, 28 views)
File Type: png download2.png (785.4 KB, 28 views)
File Type: png download4.png (916.1 KB, 23 views)