View Single Post
Old 22-03-21, 06:16 AM

Default 603 Heater-water valve

Hi Peter,
Thanks for input but regret the 603 is not so easy as earlier models! I have attached photos somewhere which I hope will appear.
0893 shows the heater pipes going into the bulkhead. This is where the water valve is fitted in earlier models (the 408 has the same valve as a Sunbeam Tiger).
0888 is looking down the aperture of the air intake in front of the windscreen with black painted grill removed. It shows the outer cold air box with fan intake at the top and the open cold air flap leading into the inner cold air distribution box. On the floor of the inner box can be seen the copper pipe taking water to the heater matrix.
0890 shows a close up of this inner distribution box with the water pipes on the bottom. The circular vent leads to one of the vents on the facia panel.
The water valve together with the heater matrix must be inboard of the inner dist. box ie somewhere behind the instrument panel.
I suspect your 412 will have something similar? The designer had never heard of maintenance!
I will continue delving.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0893.jpg (57.3 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0890.jpg (117.7 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0888.jpg (85.1 KB, 19 views)